Edit Rename Changes History Upload Download Back to Top

Agenda for Committee meeting 24

The meeting will start at 19:00 Sydney Time on Wednesday 9th March 2005.

Apologies from:

Matters:

Minutes of meeting


OpenSkills Committee Meeting Minutes

Date: 9th March 2005, 7:00 pm

Location: 62/1 Murrary St. Pyrmont, NSW 2009, AU

Attendees:

Absentees:

Agenda:

  1. Agree last minutes
  2. Marketing & Promotion
  3. System and Infrastructure
  4. Treasury
  5. Other

Actions from Last Committee Meeting (07 Feb 2004):

  1. RC to send email to the OpenSkills dev list for a member volunteer to test the restore of the system backups. Carried forward from last meeting.
  2. RC to check availability of open-source audio conferencing tools for OpenSkills committee meetings. Carried forward from last meeting.
  3. BB to remind members of membership fee at SGM BB will do that through MMS

Meeting Summary:

1.BB proposed last meeting's minutes to be adopted. PxB seconded.

2.Beer mats have been proposed as a promotional tool. 2 members (Anand Kumria and Stuart Guthrie) have pledged $200 each to the funding. Badger Software Engineering will contribute 4x the original pledge, i.e $1600. 2 quotes have been obtained for producing the beer mats. BB asked committee for comments on this proposal. After discussion, BB proposed to the committee that he be given latitude to pursue this. Committee agree. RC proposed 1 constraint to he above: leave most of the back of the beer mat blank, but having a clear OpenSkills mark there. Committee thanks Anand Kumura for suggesting the idea, and following up with a quote.

3.BB proposes that a social evening follows after every physical committee meeting at the James Squire Brewhouse or an equivalent venue as picked by the organizer. Committee agree.

4.Membership status. 95 people on mailing list, up from 92 from last month. 3 new applicants.

5.Given the special resolution was passed at the SGM, the next thing to do is to seek the Minister's consent. BB proposed that the committee give him the go-ahead to pursue this step. AM seconded.

6.An “early access programme” has been proposed at the SGM. Details on the wiki at: http://wiki.openskills.net/OpenSkills/Early+Access

After extensive discussion:

BB to continue with the early access programme with the understanding that the ability to offer first year fee free membership/early access either on an invitation or first-come-first-served basis. BB to write to the dev-list about the new concepts. BB to make sure MMS has a dedicated page for the LCA in time for the LCA

7.Early access programme will be reviewed in 6 months to see if the scheme is worth retaining. Action on BB: email RC and AM to put up the measures on the wiki Action on RC and AM to define the objectives of the review on the new wiki.

8.Trademark obtained in Germany.

9.SkillsBase has been stable, even though no new releases.

10.Membership Management System. Work in progress, have been sending test emails to members for feedback.

11.Effort Tracking System. Administrator is working on a backup script.

12.Double hard-disk failure. Double server failure. Recovered all user-entered data from backups, but some configuration data had to be re-created by hand. The backup scripts now include the configuration data file.

13.WIKI has been attacked quite heavily. BB has put in preventive mechanisms to make it more resistant.

14.Mail Server is up and running. Thanks to Anand for setting it up.

15.Financial Report for financial year 2004 prepared by accountant. Need committee members to sign. Annual Statement for financial year 2004 also available. BB proposed that the Association pays the accounting bill for the above. PxB seconded.

16.Business Cards. Worldwide Printing has the capability to allow members to order individual business cards (using the same basic design but with the member's individual details). BB to let Worldwide Printing know it's all ok to go ahead.

17.RC Noted that any proposal to give free membership to new applicants should also consider extending the scheme to cover the next year renewal for existing members. BB and PxB agreed.

18.BB proposed a vote of thanks for Anand Kumria and Stuart Guthrie in recognition of their generous contribution towards the production of the OpenSkills beer mats. Unanimously approved.

19.BB declared meeting closed at 9:15 pm

Action List:

  1. BB to send email to RC and AM to put up measures for Early Access programme on the wiki.
  2. BB to talk to accountant re: the early access programme
  3. RC to send email to the OpenSkills dev list for a member volunteer to test the restore of the system backups.
  4. RC to check availability of open-source audio conferencing tools for OpenSkills committee meetings.
  1. BB to send email to the OpenSkills dev list to describe the Early Access programme (with invites & first-come-first-server-free membership) as discussed at the committee meeting.
  2. BB to ensure MMS has a dedicated page for the LCA in time for the LCA.

Next Meeting:

7:00 pm, 13th April, 2005

(ideally) at the James Squire Brewhouse.


Edit Rename Changes History Upload Download Back to Top