Edit Rename Changes History Upload Download Back to Top

Agenda for Committee meeting 8

Apologies from: Matters:

Minutes

Date: 04 November 2003, 7:00 pm

Location: 62/1 Murray St, Pyrmont, Australia

Agenda (http://wiki.openskills.net:10045/OpenSkills/Agenda+for+Committee+meeting+8):

  1. Agree last minutes
  2. COM stuff
  3. ORG stuff
  4. NET stuff
  5. Treasury stuff
  6. Other

Action List from last meeting (14 October 2003):

  1. PxB and BB to form sub-committee to discuss the Member Registration System. Done.
  2. BB to add disclaimer to the identity matrix (brought forward from last meeting) Done.
  3. BB to link the Principia (to be renamed the Social Contract) to the Becoming a Member page on the wiki. Done.
  4. SR to prepare a survey form and send out to mail list. To be done.
  5. BB to come up with the formal licensing agreement for the OpenSkills trademark and domain name. Done.
  6. BB to put together a list of services provided by OpenSkills and the charges, if any, associated with them. To be done.
  7. SR to produce the monthly newsletter to the dev group. To be done.
Meeting Summary:
  1. All agree with last meeting's minutes
  2. SR suggests that, given the holiday season is coming up, the breakfast sessions should be scheduled in the new year, around beginning of March.
  3. PxB and BB have met to discuss the member Registration System. PxB volunteered to develop and deliver the Member Registration System, using open-source solutions. PxB and BB to further discuss regarding the delivery schedule.
  4. Committee agree that Association should host an event that can be advertised in the Australia IT Diary to attract people outside the membership base. BB proposes a topic like "How IT professionals can work with Open Source".
  5. Committee agree that the Association should organize a social event for the members, allowing them to meet each other and chat. It would also be an opportunity to do an informal, quick survey of the members.
  6. SR suggests that we organize the social event first, then spend more time organizing about the formal event. Committee agree - a Tuesday night at the Mezz Bar and suggests to members to bring along anyone else they think will be interested in OpenSkills.
  7. BB reports on SkillsBase status: Current version allows members to save their skills, export the information into HRXML format and import it later. Future work: Squid, RFC authentication, XML Schema to support complete HRXml, Swazoo port to Gemstone for persistence, review CSS stylesheet.
    Member comments and feedback are documented in the OpenSkills wiki.
    Committee will review and decide what should be addressed next in the System.
  8. Backup strategy: Every service is capable of backing up their own data (e.g using a cron job). The backup data is then transferred to the central backup.openskills.net server using ssh/rsync. That will, in turn, be backed up to nominated members who have DVD burners to create a hard-copy the backup.
  9. List servers: All done. Next step is to move the OpenSkills-dev mailing list to that server. Pending Patrick to return from his vacation.
  10. BB says that the next system to tackle will be the Effort Tracking System - aimed to start next year.
  11. PxB proposes to put on the agenda for future discussions: "IP Issues regarding Employees and Open Source development for OpenSkills". Basically, what is the process by which the Association can ensure that people who work for OpenSkills (and currently employed by some other company) have sorted out intellectual property rights with their employers.
  12. BB puts forward to the Committee a proposal of the Licensing agreement for the OpenSkills trademark and domain name. The proposal is also on the wiki. Committee identified several points to be added. Refer to Action List #2.
Action List:
  1. BB to send email to the Association members re: the time and venue for the social event.
  2. BB to add the following points to the proposed Licensing agreement: BB cannot arbitrary withdraw from the agreement, agreement renewable every x months, payment every x months.
  3. BB to complete the application form for Committee Members Insurance.
  4. JB to put on next meeting's agenda: dicuss that cost of insurance to be borne by committee members rather than the Association.
  5. SR to prepare a survey form and send out to the mailing list (brought forward from last meeting).
  6. BB to put together a list of services provided by OpenSkills and the charges, if any, associated with them (brought forward from last meeting).
  7. SR to produce the monthly newsletter to the dev group (brought forward from last meeting).
Next Meeting: 2nd December, 2003


Edit Rename Changes History Upload Download Back to Top